Saturday, January 8, 2011

Poles to Prototype


Railroad telephone poles are one of the simplest and toughest elements of a model railroad to model. Some look toy like and others really look prototypical. In HO, I have used Atlas and Walthers poles and in N,
I have The Osborn Models poles, which look great, I just soaked the laser cut wood poles in a solution of water and black dry pigment paint. They look like creosote. I dabbed a bit of Polymark Medium Green Shiny paint used for painting shirts in a bottle with a small applicator tip to the insulators. They will be ready to install once I began detail work on my SD&AE HCD layout. I am getting the door, foam and frame up this weekend and hope to begin laying track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe Fugate's Siskiyou Lines 2007

Bruce Petty's Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley

Mark Lestico's N UP Cascade Division 2010

Charlie Comstock's Bear Creek and South Jackson 2010

Mike Danneman's D&RGW N 5x7 layout

David Barrows Cat Mountain and Santa Fe 1999

Fremo group in Europe Southern Pacific